Wednesday, December 23, 2009

self-reflecting

Well, its almost Christmas. The time where most people wait each year. Full of joy and happiness among families around the world. But tell, what is really Christmas means to you? Is it all about the presents? Keep receiving but never giving? What all those needy people will be doing during Christmas? Is there any kind Samaritan who is willing to give them Christmas? There are so many needy people out there and yet they're being ignored. I know most of us are not that rich or anything, but God has given us life, love, everything. We should appreciate it all, why not being thankful to God by helping others? Most people when it comes to this time of the year, its all about the presents and shopping for new clothes and stuff. I mean, what happen to Jesus? The true meaning of Christmas, Jesus is the real deal. Not shopping or stuff. What happen to the true spirit of Christmas? Celebrating the coming of our savior? The one who saves us all from damnation. Jesus! We should be thankful to him.

I 'm writing this blog to reflect myself during this festive season. All I think is about shopping and shopping. I forgot what is the true meaning of Christmas. That what made me not in the mood for Christmas this year. All I think is about new clothes and stuff, I never think about Jesus or anything. Yes, I'm a christian, a roman catholic in fact. I do go to church every sunday. I know my mistakes and yet I kept doing it again. Yes, I do go to confession every year but it does not stop me from doing mistakes. This year has been the hardest year for me. Why? It is because getting into college, meeting new people and being in a new world. I'm not use to new environment, its hard for me to adapt new things especially involves meeting new people. Other than that, I got my heart broken many times this year by the person I love the most. Its broken beyond repair. I feel so bad flirting with people who has meet me just to forget the person who have hurt me. But again, another person came into my life and manage to heal this broken heart. She actually managed to heal my heart. I consider this person as my early Christmas present from Santa. Because this person had given me so much happiness in me. Made me realize Christmas is all about loving each other, loving other people and love among ourselves. This person has changed me wholly and I love the person dearly. Christmas is not just about receiving or new stuff, I now can say its about being loving and caring towards each other. Make peace with your enemies, make peace with your family if you don't have a good relationship with them. Me here, is trying to forgive the person who have hurt me, and I know its going to be very hard to do it. I'm not even sure if that person deserves to be forgive. I don't keep grudges in me, I never want to take revenge on someone because I know its not worth it. Doing that will make it more worse and eventually you're the one who's gonna get hurt again. I have a friend who loves revenge and gosh her life sucks.

Anyway, my wish for this Christmas is for every family to sit down and spend time with each other, use the time to talk, smile and laugh. I love my family very much and they meant the world to me. Without them, I wouldn't be in college by now. They taught me well in life. Also not to forget all of my aunts and uncles, all of them are awesome as! I'm grateful for everything that God has given me.

No comments: